So, I let you guys know in my last post what pieces I brought from the Nordstrom anniversary sale. It’s always fun to pick up a couple new pieces for a trip, but I try and bring myself back to reality and realize I do not need to wear something NEW every day. Below are some pieces I have bought over the past year or so from one of my favorite online retailers, Lulu’s.com. (use link with code TAKE15 for $15 off)
- Rose gold flip-flops– At $15 these flip flops were a no brainer. It’s really nice to bring a slim inexpensive shoe for pool side, beach days, and just walking around your rental/hotel.
- Blue striped romper- I ended up picking this cute romper up for $17! One of my favorite things about online shopping it how easy it is to shop the sale section.
- Black floral midi dress– This dress is a must have for summer vacation. It’s lightweight fabric makes it great for day. It’s trendy midi length and sexy neckline make it perfect for night. That rockin’ combo makes this dress a day to night piece that’s essential for packing in a carry on.
- Black lace bralette– A great bralette is essential to any vacation. I love to wear my on the airplane for maximum comfort, under a cute tank for some lacey detail, and as nightwear to sex it up a bit. Side note for women with C-cup or larger: This particular bralette is great since it has a thicker band underneath and a halter style neckline.
- Black turtleneck top– This is one of my favorite pieces in my closet. You can wear it with pretty much any bottom you choose! I’ve worn it with boyfriend jeans, chino shorts, and a pencil skirt! With that much versatility, I know it was a must for this trip.
Oldie but goodie items that made the cut for the trip include:
- Boyfriend jeans– It took me awhile to get on the boyfriend jean trend, but now I am a huge fan. They look great paired with a casual tee and sneakers, or a sexy top and heels.
- Cut-off jean shorts– Denim shorts are just quintessential Americana style! With temperatures soaring in the 90’s during our trip, I’ll be wearing these on our day excursions and with swim suit tops on our beach days!
- Plum drapey camisole– A nice drapey camisole in a lightweight fabric can be worn so many different ways. I’ll be pairing it with athletic leggings, high-waited skirts, and my denim cut offs!
- Denim striped skirt– This skirt was a unique find at Forever 21. I constantly get compliments and asked where I got it from. The feminine silhouette with the casual denim material make it a great option for almost any event!
- Denim vest– You may be noticing a denim theme here! It’s just say easy to wear and holds up well while traveling. Another bonus for this denim vest is it has pockets! I love to wear it over sun dresses and rompers, so I have somewhere to put my phone, sunnies, or lip gloss.
- Black wedges– I know a lot of women swear by there heels, but when you’re traveling with only a carry on your footwear really has to be practical. That’s why I landed at a pair of black wedges. Go for a minimalistic style that still has a dressy look but the wedge (or you could do a block heel) that offers stability on those pesky cobblestone streets!
Since these older purchases, I don’t have direct links but here are some close examples I found:
Now that I’ve outlined all of the clothing pieces I am bringing, you can check out how I filled in the clothing section of my spreadsheet!
Fill out the bottom section with an abbreviated description of each item you are bringing. (my restaurant peeps should appreciate this!)
Fill in a general activity for each day. Next copy and past from the bottom, and start filling in your outfits. I know that I won’t likely stick to this, but it helps me come up with mix and match options and to try and keep pieces in a general rotation.