So, I let you guys know in my last post what pieces I brought from the Nordstrom anniversary sale. It’s always fun to pick up a couple new pieces for a trip, but I try and bring myself back to reality and realize I do not need to wear something NEW every day. Below are some pieces I have bought over the past year or so from one of my favorite online retailers, Lulu’s.com. (use link with code TAKE15 for $15 off)
- Rose gold flip-flops– At $15 these flip flops were a no brainer. It’s really nice to bring a slim inexpensive shoe for pool side, beach days, and just walking around your rental/hotel.
- Blue striped romper- I ended up picking this cute romper up for $17! One of my favorite things about online shopping it how easy it is to shop the sale section.
- Black floral midi dress– This dress is a must have for summer vacation. It’s lightweight fabric makes it great for day. It’s trendy midi length and sexy neckline make it perfect for night. That rockin’ combo makes this dress a day to night piece that’s essential for packing in a carry on.
- Black lace bralette– A great bralette is essential to any vacation. I love to wear my on the airplane for maximum comfort, under a cute tank for some lacey detail, and as nightwear to sex it up a bit. Side note for women with C-cup or larger: This particular bralette is great since it has a thicker band underneath and a halter style neckline.
- Black turtleneck top– This is one of my favorite pieces in my closet. You can wear it with pretty much any bottom you choose! I’ve worn it with boyfriend jeans, chino shorts, and a pencil skirt! With that much versatility, I know it was a must for this trip.
Oldie but goodie items that made the cut for the trip include:
- Boyfriend jeans– It took me awhile to get on the boyfriend jean trend, but now I am a huge fan. They look great paired with a casual tee and sneakers, or a sexy top and heels.
- Cut-off jean shorts– Denim shorts are just quintessential Americana style! With temperatures soaring in the 90’s during our trip, I’ll be wearing these on our day excursions and with swim suit tops on our beach days!
- Plum drapey camisole– A nice drapey camisole in a lightweight fabric can be worn so many different ways. I’ll be pairing it with athletic leggings, high-waited skirts, and my denim cut offs!
- Denim striped skirt– This skirt was a unique find at Forever 21. I constantly get compliments and asked where I got it from. The feminine silhouette with the casual denim material make it a great option for almost any event!
- Denim vest– You may be noticing a denim theme here! It’s just say easy to wear and holds up well while traveling. Another bonus for this denim vest is it has pockets! I love to wear it over sun dresses and rompers, so I have somewhere to put my phone, sunnies, or lip gloss.
- Black wedges– I know a lot of women swear by there heels, but when you’re traveling with only a carry on your footwear really has to be practical. That’s why I landed at a pair of black wedges. Go for a minimalistic style that still has a dressy look but the wedge (or you could do a block heel) that offers stability on those pesky cobblestone streets!
Since these older purchases, I don’t have direct links but here are some close examples I found:
Brittany and Aaron happened to know the owner of the Little Dipper, who graciously offered up the space for their engagement photos. It was a great location, with a cool patio area pouring into Main St. and a vintage, yet quite stylish, interior. The pair ordered some craft cocktails and we snapped away. Lola, their pup, was also invited to the bar and we got some great shots of the family all together.
Lola made a request to move the photo session over to the recently opened Levy Park, a fabulous green space just off Kirby Drive. No one could refuse Lola’s puppy face, so we packed up and headed over!
Rollin’ into the weekend ready to play! And lucky for me sometimes, Theo, let’s me play with his toys! But IRL I’ll probably be watching Netflix and packing for our upcoming Europe trip!
You might think I am crazy, but this is my 3rd big Europe trip, and this time I’ve set the bar high and packing it all in a carry-on! On our last two trips, we were traveling during the winter, and I managed to do it all in this bag. I think if I can get wool coats, hats, and rain boats in that bag- I should be able to get rompers, swim suits, and flip flops into an even smaller bag.
Zach and Katie are both teachers and met teaching here in Houston. I like to say they are a modern twist on high school sweethearts! When we got together to brainstorm ideas for their engagement session, we knew we wanted to highlight their love of the arts (they got engaged at MFAH) and their love for the city that brought them together. The two are the sweetest, so I suggested a fun urban cafe, Tout Suite. Tout Suite, is known for it’s open modern design, delish desserts (some of the best macarons in Houston!), and great coffee. To showcase their love of art, Zach and Katie recommended shooting at Houston’s downtown Graffiti park. Wrapping it up, we selected Houston’s downtown city park, Discovery Green. At Discovery Green, you can get a great mix of green space and cityscape.
When we met Michael and Priyanka to discuss ideas for their engagement session, they told us they wanted something where their unique personalities were highlighted and they could feel comfortable. They’d recently gotten engaged in gorgeous Santorini, Greece, so we knew we’d like to incorporate a sunset near the water. Priyanka is a serious fashionista, while Michael has a more laid back style, so we sought out a location that could bring it all together. It didn’t take long for us to agree on a trip to New Orleans, where we could capture the classic architecture of the city, chill out in the Quarter, and sail away on the lake.
Hi I’m Ashleigh, a Houston native who met my partner, Theo Civitello, 8 years ago. Ever since, we’ve been on an incredible journey together. We meet at the ripe ole age of 23 during one of the worst recessions our country has ever seen. We were both bright young graduates striving for those dream jobs we were promised our whole lives. Unfortunately,at least it seemed at the time, we both ended up taking restaurant jobs while wondering what to do with ourselves.
After about 2 years, we decided to move into together. I was organizing our new home when I found Theo’s photography portfolio from college. I looked through it and was amazed by how good the photos were. We had been together 2 years, and I had never seen Theo take a picture. Right away, I spoke to him and said,
It was so cool to meet with Sarah, Joe, and their pup Astro right at center field of the football stadium on campus at University of Houston! Both Sarah and Joe are Coogs, so it seemed only appropriate for their engagements to take place on campus. Astro LOVED having the field all to himself, tearing back and forth from end zone to end zone like a wild man. We are so happy for you guys, and we can’t wait for the big day!
Get inspired by Sarah’s look!