So, I let you guys know in my last post what pieces I brought from the Nordstrom anniversary sale. It’s always fun to pick up a couple new pieces for a trip, but I try and bring myself back to reality and realize I do not need to wear something NEW every day. Below are some pieces I have bought over the past year or so from one of my favorite online retailers, Lulu’s.com. (use link with code TAKE15 for $15 off)
- Rose gold flip-flops– At $15 these flip flops were a no brainer. It’s really nice to bring a slim inexpensive shoe for pool side, beach days, and just walking around your rental/hotel.
- Blue striped romper- I ended up picking this cute romper up for $17! One of my favorite things about online shopping it how easy it is to shop the sale section.
- Black floral midi dress– This dress is a must have for summer vacation. It’s lightweight fabric makes it great for day. It’s trendy midi length and sexy neckline make it perfect for night. That rockin’ combo makes this dress a day to night piece that’s essential for packing in a carry on.
- Black lace bralette– A great bralette is essential to any vacation. I love to wear my on the airplane for maximum comfort, under a cute tank for some lacey detail, and as nightwear to sex it up a bit. Side note for women with C-cup or larger: This particular bralette is great since it has a thicker band underneath and a halter style neckline.
- Black turtleneck top– This is one of my favorite pieces in my closet. You can wear it with pretty much any bottom you choose! I’ve worn it with boyfriend jeans, chino shorts, and a pencil skirt! With that much versatility, I know it was a must for this trip.
Oldie but goodie items that made the cut for the trip include:
- Boyfriend jeans– It took me awhile to get on the boyfriend jean trend, but now I am a huge fan. They look great paired with a casual tee and sneakers, or a sexy top and heels.
- Cut-off jean shorts– Denim shorts are just quintessential Americana style! With temperatures soaring in the 90’s during our trip, I’ll be wearing these on our day excursions and with swim suit tops on our beach days!
- Plum drapey camisole– A nice drapey camisole in a lightweight fabric can be worn so many different ways. I’ll be pairing it with athletic leggings, high-waited skirts, and my denim cut offs!
- Denim striped skirt– This skirt was a unique find at Forever 21. I constantly get compliments and asked where I got it from. The feminine silhouette with the casual denim material make it a great option for almost any event!
- Denim vest– You may be noticing a denim theme here! It’s just say easy to wear and holds up well while traveling. Another bonus for this denim vest is it has pockets! I love to wear it over sun dresses and rompers, so I have somewhere to put my phone, sunnies, or lip gloss.
- Black wedges– I know a lot of women swear by there heels, but when you’re traveling with only a carry on your footwear really has to be practical. That’s why I landed at a pair of black wedges. Go for a minimalistic style that still has a dressy look but the wedge (or you could do a block heel) that offers stability on those pesky cobblestone streets!
Since these older purchases, I don’t have direct links but here are some close examples I found:
Brittany and Aaron happened to know the owner of the Little Dipper, who graciously offered up the space for their engagement photos. It was a great location, with a cool patio area pouring into Main St. and a vintage, yet quite stylish, interior. The pair ordered some craft cocktails and we snapped away. Lola, their pup, was also invited to the bar and we got some great shots of the family all together.
Lola made a request to move the photo session over to the recently opened Levy Park, a fabulous green space just off Kirby Drive. No one could refuse Lola’s puppy face, so we packed up and headed over!
Collection of images featuring an Audi RS5 and BMW M4 on Ferrada’s FR1 and FR3 in matte bronze finish!
Images of an Audi RS5 on Ferrada’s FR4 wheels in machine silver finish.
New set for Ferrada Wheels featuring their Matte Black 20″ FR1 wheels on a brand new Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack!
Natalia and Edgar are friends with another great couple I recently worked with, Beth and Krys, and had happened to be looking for a wedding photographer in Houston right at the same time. After what seemed like forever due to rain-check after rain-check (actual rain-check, not the figurative rain-check, haha), we finally met at Hermann Park on a warm late July evening. As usual, we arrived with no set plan, and just began wandering around the park looking for nice light. Luckily there was plenty, and we snapped away, while making plans to include Discovery Green as a second location to the set. Natalia and Edgar brought a nice blanket that we set down beneath the trees at the park and got some of my favorite shots of the set. It’s definitely great to include nice props, which is something that I intend to do a lot more of in future sets!
I had been looking forward to Matt and Jenn’s wedding for some time now. Matt works at a company which maintains an amazing group of classic cars, and I first met him when I was brought on to photograph some of the collection for upcoming auctions. Matt is a very genuine guy, and we had a fun time discussing cars and photography every time that I returned to shoot. Every now and then, his girlfriend Jenn would come by while I was shooting to bring Matt lunch or cookies for the entire crew. She was always very sweet, and on one assignment, Matt told me that he planned to ask her to marry him when they went on an upcoming vacation with friends to Colorado. You could sense his excitement as he laid out his plan to surprise her up on a mountain in the snow. It was then that he asked if I would photograph their wedding, and of course, I agreed!